Sunday, May 25, 2008

Casey Collins!



Cadie (Ce-Ce) had a big birthday last week so she took a week off from keeping Bella to go to the beach! So, her sister Casey kept Bella. I was very nervous at first given that Bella is so attached to Cadie and has been "clingy" a lot more lately. I figured within the first day Casey would be calling me to come home! However, this was SOO not the case. Casey had Bella at the pool, park, eating, sleeping and running around happy as a lark! I was extremely excited to come home each day and see a smile on BOTH of their faces! Bella also started calling Casey "Say-Cee" It was so cute! She took to her very well!

Casey is 19 and has a Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease which is a inherited Neurological Disorder affecting your sensory and motor nerves. In Casey's situation it affects her lower extremities causing her to have muscle weakness in her legs. I was atonished to hear she had this disease being that it ony affects 1 in 2,500 people in th US and that my Granmother Shields was one of the first cases. My grandmother was very limited at times having to crawl on her knees or wear braces to get around. Casey does EXTREMELY well and is such a delight to watch! She is a very strong and independent girl with lots of personality much like my grandmother.

If any of you Mom's are looking for help this summer, Casey is home for the summer from school and is looking to help a family with children. I am the first to say she is WONDERFUL and would make you and your kids so happy! If you are interested, please let me know!
THANKS CASEY for helping me and Cadie out this week! You are fabulous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Casey know about CMTUS for persons with Charcot Marie Tooth?