Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Underwater Fishie!!






Since I took the day off Tuesday to spend with Bella, I also was able to go with her to swim lessons. I was very surprised to see what all she had learned in 5 weeks! She can hold her breath underwater, swim under water from one person to the next, kick on top of the water, and fish for objects independently by putting her face under to find them! She has come a long way and achieved all her goals! I couldn't believe it since just a few weeks ago she wasn't even kicking!
Her teacher told me that she is one of the children who has a natural instinct to "kick" when she is put under and as soon as she began putting her under, SHE KICKED! Therefore, that led to swimming a few feet all by herself! I was so proud and she really seems to love it! I think we are going to try and stay in through the summer. I'm still not 100% ready to do it on my own! :) Needless to say it was a lot of fun going with her and thanks to Cadie for tagging along to take the pictures! I know my Dad is smiling down on her! He was such an amazing swimmer and taught all of us Shields' kids to swim at a very early age! I'm sure he is watching over her with that big smile and saying "way to go Sissy Ann and Bella Boo!" :)

2 comments:

The Murphy's said...

That is amazing how fast they can do that!! I am impressed!

taneillb said...

Hey Shelby-
Saw your blog. Bella is the cutest thing! We need to get together in Jackson some time. I remember all those family swims at the YMCA with your dad and my dad! I know he must be smiling down on y'all really big!
Love, Taneill